Connecting Alaska to the World And the World to Alaska
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
Available On Air Stations

Voters check addresses now for special election

Update your registreation.gif
Alaska Division of Elections

The special primary election to fill Alaska's lone congressional seat will be by mail.

The special election to replace Don Young, who died Friday, March 18, as Alaska’s only congressperson is coming up quickly, with candidates needing to file for the primary special election by April 1. This date was picked to allow the Division of Elections enough time to print and mail absentee ballots to military and other voters who are overseas. As of Monday morning, there are 5 people certified to run so far, including one candidate living in Montana.

For the rest of us — anyone planning to vote in the special elections — the Division of Elections wants you to verify and update your mailing address now.

The Special Primary is by mail, so voters’ addresses are even more important than in previous elections. The division will start mailing ballots in one month, on April 27.

Voters can change their address online at

And you can check your registration information at

You can also call a regional elections office, listed below. All Regional Offices will be open today, Seward’s Day, for limited hours from 10 AM to 2 PM.

Fairbanks - Region III Elections Office
Phone: (907) 451-2835
Toll-Free: (866) 959-8683 (Within the U.S.)

Juneau - Region I Elections Office
Phone: (907) 465-3021
Toll-Free: (866) 948-8683 (Within the U.S.)

Anchorage - Region II Elections Office
Phone: (907) 522-8683
Toll-Free: (866) 958-8683 (Within the U.S.)

Nome - Region IV Elections Office
Phone: (907) 443-5285
Toll-Free: (866) 953-8683 (Within the U.S.)

Mat-Su - Region V Elections Office
Phone: (907) 373-8952
Toll-Free: (844) 428-8952 (Within the U.S.)

Director’s Office
Phone: (907) 465-4611
Toll-Free: (866) 952-8683 (within the U.S.)

Absentee and Petition Office
Phone: (907) 270-2700
Toll-Free: (877) 375-6508 (within the U.S.)

If voters need language assistance to help with this process:

1-866-954-8683 (toll free within the U.S.)